More than one little one? Get Out and About with a Double Pram or Stroller!
Why use double prams and strollers?
There are plenty of reasons to own a double pram or stroller, even if you don't have twins.
- A double pram or stroller means that you won't have to juggle two separate single strollers or prams when you're out and about with your kids.
- If do you have twins or kids that are close in age, they may both need to take a rest or nap at the same time when you are out. With a double pram or stroller, each child can have their own space.
- Double prams and strollers can also save money. If you have more than two little ones, buying two single strollers may cost more than one double stroller.
What are the different types of double strollers and prams?
There are a few different types of double strollers and prams, each with their own set of features and benefits. Some of the most popular types of double strollers and prams include:
- Side-by-side strollers: Side-by-side strollers are the most popular type of double stroller, as they offer a more traditional design that many parents are familiar with. These strollers have two seats that are side-by-side, making it easy for you to keep an eye on both of your kids at the same time.
- Jogging strollers: Jogging strollers are a great option for parents who want to take their kids for a run or walk, as they are designed to be more durable and can withstand rougher terrain. Many jogging strollers also come equipped with features that make them easier to push and control, such as adjustable handlebars and larger wheels.
- Convertible strollers: Convertible strollers are a great option for families who want the flexibility of being able to use their stroller as both a single and double. These strollers can be used as a single stroller with one seat, or they can be converted into a double stroller by adding on a second seat. Some convertible and side-by side strollers even come with a third seat that can be used for an infant car seat or bassinet.
What are the different features of double strollers and prams?
Double strollers and prams come with a variety of different features and pram and stroller accessories that can make them more comfortable, convenient, and safe for your kids. Here are some of the most popular features you'll find on double strollers and prams:
- Reclining seats: Many double strollers and prams come with reclining seats, which allow your kids to lie back and take a nap or relax while you're out and about. Some seats even have multiple recline positions, so you can find the perfect angle for your child.
- Adjustable leg rests: Many double strollers and prams come with adjustable leg rests, which allow you to customize the seat to fit your child's height. This is a great feature for taller kids who may have their legs dangling off the edge of the seat.
- 5-point harnesses: Most double strollers and prams come with a 5-point harness, which goes over your child's shoulders, hips, and between their legs. This type of harness is the most secure option for keeping your kids safe and snug in their seats.
- Canopies: Double strollers and prams often come with canopies or sunshades, which can help protect your kids from the sun and weather. Some canopies even have UV protection to further shield your kids from harmful rays.
- Storage baskets: Double strollers and prams usually come with a storage basket underneath the seat, which is great for holding nappy and baby changing items, snacks, and other essentials. Some storage baskets are even large enough to fit a diaper or nappy bag or purse.
Are there disadvantages to double prams and strollers?
Double strollers and prams can be wider and bulkier than single strollers, which can make them more difficult to manoeuvre in tight spaces. When they are fully loaded with two kids and all of their gear, they can also be more difficult to push and control than single strollers.
Are double strollers and prams safe?
Yes, double strollers and prams are safe for your kids to use, as long as you follow the manufacturer's instructions and use them correctly. Always make sure that both your children are properly secured in their seats before taking them out, and never leave them unattended in a stroller or pram. Attach any pram toys securely, and sure to keep an eye on your kids at all times to make sure they're not trying to climb out or getting into any mischief!