Take Care of Yourself With Maternity Accessories
There are a few key maternity accessories and products that can make a huge difference during pregnancy and help you be more comfortable. Be sure to consult first with your doctor or midwife before using any new products during pregnancy if you are not sure.
How can I look after sore and tired feet during pregnancy?
If you are experiencing swollen feet and ankles during pregnancy, a pregnancy foot spa can be a godsend! Simply fill the spa with warm water and Epsom salt and soak your feet for 20 minutes. The Epsom salt will help to reduce swelling while the warm water in the maternity foot spa soothes tired feet.
Can I use a handheld massager during pregnancy?
A handheld massager can be a great way to soothe tired muscles during pregnancy. Massagers can be used on the back, neck, legs, and feet to help relieve pregnancy aches and pains. Look for a massager with different settings so that you can customize the intensity to your needs. Look for a massager with a wide, soft head that will not put too much pressure on your skin. Avoid using the massager on your lower back or abdomen. Be sure to consult with your doctor or midwife that any type pregnancy massage or use of a handheld massager is appropriate during your pregnancy.
What are pregnancy pillows?
Maternity pillows or pregnancy pillows can be a lifesaver during pregnancy. This type of pillow is designed to support your entire body, and it can be a great way to get comfortable in bed. Look for a pillow with a removable cover for easy washing.
What is best for pregnancy skincare?
There are a variety of pregnancy skincare products available that can help to improve the appearance of your skin, including:
- Applying a stretch mark cream, a belly oil or cream can help to prevent stretch marks and keep your skin hydrated. Be sure to choose an oil or cream that is specifically designed for use during pregnancy. Apply the oil or cream to your belly in a circular motion, and be sure to massage it into your skin for maximum benefits.
- Nipple cream can be a lifesaver during pregnancy. The hormones and changes in your body can cause your nipples to become dry, cracked, or even bleed. Applying a nipple cream can help to soothe and protect your nipples. Be sure to choose a hypoallergenic and lanolin-free cream to avoid any irritation.
What is comfortable to wear during pregnancy?
There are a few key items of clothing that can help to improve comfort during pregnancy.
- A good maternity bra can make a world of difference when it comes to comfort during pregnancy. Look for a supportive bra with wide straps and a comfortable band. It is also important to choose a breathable fabric to help keep you cool and dry.
- Maternity underwear is designed to provide support and comfort during pregnancy. Look for a pair with a wide waistband and plenty of stretch. Breathable fabrics are also important to help keep you cool and dry.
- A maternity support band can help to relieve back pain and other pregnancy discomforts. Simply wrap the supportive belly band around your waist and position it so that it provides support to your lower back. You can wear the band during the day or at night, and it can be a great way to get some relief from back pain.
- Maternity leggings or pants with a wide waistband can be extremely comfortable and flattering during pregnancy. The wide waistband will help to support your growing belly, and the leggings or pants will provide coverage and comfort. Look for leggings or pants made from a stretchy material that will accommodate your changing body shape.